Got me a new Subaru

It's not what you think. Needed a replacement engine for the garden tiller and went into Harbor Freight and there was this nice new Robin/Subaru engine setting there with a price I couldn't refuse.

Had to get it running before the install and this is without a doubt the nicest "lawnmower" engine I've ever seen. All but impossible to hear any mech noise just the quiet noise of the exhaust. Started on second pull without the choke.

Robin web site is bragging about engine being designed after the WRX boxer engine. OHC, pent roof combustion chamber etc. Overhaul scheduled at 1000 hrs. Lets see how many lawnmowers, tiller etc will I wear out before reaching 1000 hrs? That's not the type 100 hrs you get with B&S engines on lawnmowers but then the engine cost as much as the whole mower.

No trimming belt to change, no water pump to change, Will there be a head gasket in my future?

Just a little twist on a Subie. ;-)

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

I've seen some go-karts with Robin Subaru engines. I'm betting with some Prodrive and STi mods, they'd really fly. :)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Also seen a complete home generator with the Subaru engine.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Yes but get back to us with the 0-60 times - lol.

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Haven't started it that many times yet but maybe 2 doz. Will get back to ya when I reach 60 times. ;-)

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Robin/Subaru makes small gensets like the Honda EI models using inverter tech. Also make larger more conventional gensets as well.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

It's not often one finds top quality at Harbor Freight, but this is certainly an exception. They're featuring Robin/Subaru engines in some of their generators too, though I don't know what brand of generator head they are using with it.

I've got a Robin engine on my Morpower generator, and it's doing fine.

Mickey wrote:

Reply to
BBB