Headlight deoxidizer?

Hi All,

This headlight deoxidizer seems to get good reviews:

Pittman Original One Step ALR

But I am having trouble finding it for sale in the USA.

Anyone know of a compatible product that is available on Amazon or some such?

Any home brew stuff? I heard maybe toothpaste.

Many thanks,

-T

I like this one. Anyone do this?

I used Meguiar's Plast-X and an orbital polisher and it cam out great with little cost and effort. $7 at Walmart.

Take into consideration the condition of your light lenses. Mine were mostly clouding on the top horizontal surface (2014 OB), nothing like some Volvo 240s, 80s Fords or Chevy Malibus I see.

Reply to
cable_shill

Mine are nasty yellow and cloudy

For a quick tempoary fix SeaFoam.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

A second "nod" for Plast-X. I simply use it with a couple of pne piece of paper towel per lens.

Oddly, my 2005 WRX always seems to have cloudy headklight lenses after it has been throught the car wash even though it gets hand-towel dried. A swipe with the Plast-X cleans up the lenses nicely.

For some reason the coudiness always appears on the headlight lenses, never the taillight lenses.

Reply to
Ben Jammin