How many miles on YOUR Subaru?

I have a 1992 Legacy L AWD wagon (manual tranny) with 186,000 miles. Just took my subie on a spin from Seattle to Cleveland and was pushing

30 mpg. Except for oil changes, a new timing belt, and clutch I have never had a breakdown.
Reply to
ceraboy

I have a 02 Outback with only -9000- Miles on the clock.

How? I was deployed as a "Rent-a-Cop in Uniform" for Halliburton/Bush/CheneyMobil/Sunoco/Exxon etc..etc... (in Iraq - easy guess eh?) for close to a Year. Then had to pull base duty for 4 Months at home as my position was considered "mission critical". (pulling spare parts for TACOM - mostly )

Whe I got home over a Year-PLUS later, there was my Subie in the garage, right where I left her, under a 20 by 20 canvas tarupe. (Disconnected the battery for long term storage)

2 cranks and she started right up. Checked the oil and fluids BEFORE starting. Tires did lose some air pressure sitting for a year indoors which was rather curious.....(long term Subaru Storage Beta Test!)

Wonder if my Insurance Co will believe me when I report the mileage....? grin : ) : ) : )

Reply to
DC Current

mike, coo: usa

2003 forester X

9300 miles

26 mpg over the past 500 miles.

In top gear(A/T): 130000 revs per 100 km in one hour. (2500rpm at 100kmh)

mikey.

Betsy Hakes wrote:

Reply to
mikey

'01 Outback VDC (bought 09/01)

87000 miles

Just had to replace the transmission- a long story I've been meaning to write about but haven't had time yet. But coming soon, if I ever get the car back (it's been 6 WEEKS!!!!)

dukephoto

Reply to
MDCORE

Sorry, didn't see this thread before. :o)

40,500 miles - 2003 Baja

(I traded in a '93 Legacy with 189,000)

Reply to
phillystyle

'95 Legacy L Wagon - ~190K miles '97 Outback - ~105K miles

-S.S.-

Reply to
SkaredShtles
2002 OBW Ltd. 32,000 miles.

June

Reply to
Diva

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but just what is this survey going to tell us, other than there is a wide year-model range of Subarus owned by people who frequent this board who have driven their cars a wide range of total miles? What will you be able to conclude beyond that?

2002 OBW Ltd. 32,000 miles.

June

Reply to
Hal Whelply

I am just enjoying reading the different mileage totals on different = years.....that is enough for me.

June

Reply to
Diva

Reply to
Jim85CJ

It is great to see the mileage that people are getting out their Subarus. There are also a number of postings from people who have a ton a miles on their car. I find it interesting and it gives me a good idea what I can expect out of mine. I had a 1980 Subaru that had 175,000 miles and was still running fine when I traded it in for a 1997 Subaru Outback.

Reply to
WillW

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Well then, mine's just a pup...'95 Outback with 141,000 miles, but my previous '90 Legacy L wagon had 236,000 before she gave up the ghost.

Tonyrama

Reply to
tonyrama

not bragging but just traded my 2002 Outback, with 60,000 miles on it for a

2005 Turbo Baja....love the sport shifter and the additional power

Reply to
lightbulb05

Reply to
Edward Hayes

It looks like I will not quite make the 500,000 mile mark in my 1985 XT Turbo Coupe. I'm today 133 miles short and it seems I have the first major problem with the car that I have ever had. On the trip back from the lake this past weekend we got about half way home when the heat gauge climbed into the quite warm range, not so any red lights came on but into the hot by one bar. We stopped and cooled the engine down at the side of the road by leaving the electric fan running till we could remove the radiator cap. Refilled the coolant into the radiator from the overflow tank and drove it in the remaining 80 miles we had to go to home without air conditioning. It looks like the overflow tank is filled with foam and it pushes out more coolant than the tank will hold leaving the radiator short of coolant when it sucks the coolant back into the system. To me it looks like a head or a head gasket may be gone. I think I'll try to have it repaired as the car uses no oil yet and is just the most excellent auto I have ever driven. I bought the car with 8 tenths of a mile on it so have personally put every mile on the car since it was new. Still sounds good but running hot is a poor sign! I can't smell antifreeze in the exhaust but there still is something wrong.

Reply to
JW
1982 Subaru GL Wagon: 251,000

My prior 1982 GL Wagon had around 313,000 when I got rid of it on account of body rot. Engine was still fine.

Reply to
Ed Fortmiller
60 000 Km.. 2002 Impreza OBS red sedona

Reply to
Rick

You're right. It would be much more interesting to see how long (short?) people's previous non-Subaru's lasted.

'93 Ford Taurus, 88k miles, head gasket. Our mechanic did *not* want us to pay him $2,500 to fix it. He said it would just break again.

'95 Ford Contour, 93k miles, transmission fried for the second time. The first time was at 42k miles --- 6 months after the warranty expired.

My current '03 Forester X has only 15k miles. I'm hoping, knock wood, it does better.

-R.

Reply to
Richard Chang

My 2001 Forester has 51,000 miles. While it hasn't needed any repairs, it just does not feel like it is going to go the distance. The shifter is getting sloppy and the clutch is chattering when cold. The interior also feels cheap and I am hoping the head gasket and rear wheel bearings do not fail. The ABS also seems to signifcantly increase the stopping distance when partially on ice. While it is my wife's car, I find it very difficult to drive smoothly. It has been like this since new. The engine does not have enough flywheel and stalls easily if you get sloppy starting out. It also has absolutely no torque below 1500 rpms. When shifting, the engine takes what seems like forever to slow down to allow the next gear change to occur smoothly. Conversely, my BMW 325is w/ 85,000 miles and Nissan Truck w/ 117,000 miles still feel like new and are pleasure to drive.

I have also noticed on 3 or 4 occasions that when pushed to the limit, the car wants to oversteer badly. It came as a huge suprise as I expected the front end to push way before this happens. Has anyone else noticed this?

Take Care,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Munach