How to disable day-time running lights

I need help to disable these day-time running lights in an 96 outback.

Thanks

Ricardo Chile

Reply to
Ricardo

Not sure if this applies to you on your '96, but on my 03 Baja... Remove trim from around the e-brake handle. There's a small plunger-type switch that is released when the handle is pulled. One screw secures the switch to the handle assembley -- loosen the screw and rotate the switch out of the way so the plunger is always in the 'out' position. Put it all back together. One caveat: the 'brake' idiot light will stay illuminated at all times as if the e-brake was on.

There is another way to do this, my 03 has a DRL module somewhere above the driver's feet (I'm told it's white, about the size of a pack of cigarettes), but to disable DRL you have to cut wires and tape them off. I don't like to cut factory wires.

YMMV

Reply to
alex3324

Reply to
mulder

Reply to
mulder

If you have a hand-parking brake, you can pull up on it to engage the switch. Sometimes it turns them off. (Don't pull far enough to engage the brake, just to hit the switch.)

Reply to
Sparky Polastri

Why would you want to do that?

Reply to
FNO

Because he does not want to be seen.

Reply to
Adam Helberg

Waste of energy?

Reply to
Al

outback.

soooo ..... drive at night with *all* lights off....?

Reply to
hippo

Here in Chile we have very sunny seasons and very few cars with DRL's. For instance, it's 9:15 PM now and we'll still have daylight for a while. The only thing I get with my outback DRL's is that other cars make me signs and turn up lights to advice me that I heve to turn mines off.

Ricardo Chile "Al" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@news.veriz>

Reply to
Ricardo