How to shine up mud gards and plastic?

I have a 98 Forester. The mud gards and plastic around the bottom of the car is looking a little dull. Any suggestions on how to spruce it up? TIA

Reply to
static

Armor All.

Reply to
John Rethorst

Had same issue with mine got to the point where Armor All/Back to Black were no longer up to the job.

Bought something that did the job very well and lasts well, can't be arsed to go out to the garage now and get the name/brand details, will post it tomorrow !.

Reply to
Marcus

As promised had a look in the garage today, I used, Carplan (a Tetrosyl brand) Black trim wax, bloody messy stuff, but worked really well and lasts well.

Reply to
Marcus

Meguires.

Forget anything else. Well worth the cost - '02 Forester still shiny as the day we got it

-mark

Reply to
jb

I just recently gave my 2000 OB the 'Mother's 3-stage wax system. In order to avoid wax drying & discoloring the black vinyl & plastic trim, I used another Mother's product called Back-To-Black. I used it first to prep the plastic & vinyl trim so as to work as a barrier. Worked great. Wax over application came right off. Then gave all my plastic & vinyl trim, mirroes, mud guards, etc. a good coat. Looks real nice. Brought back that 'just off the lot' sheen to the rubber also.

Phil Montreal, Quebec

Reply to
Philthy