Little Yellow Caps

1990 240 Wagon B230f W/197K I just put in a set of FCP Groton Injector seals, and I was wondering what people thought of the caps they give you. I cut off the old hardened ones that looked like they could have been original. These new ones seem loose. There is a small protrusion up into the cap that I think will recess the needle valve of the injector, and I can not tell if the injector will center itself in the cap when installed in the bore on the head. They just look counter productive to a good fitting. Car was rough at idle and getting 5mpg less then it did. I did not find any Vac. leaks, and when I shot some oil around the injector base at the head it seamed to idle better so I tried the new seals. Now it is harder to start and still idles rough. It's running rich, you can smell the gas in the exhaust. I am pulling the injectors again because I did not flush them. I'm going to try drawing cleaner up through the needle valve with A Mightyvac Brake bleeder. I read some one had success with that. As long as I had them out I was thinking of leaving the caps off, and maybe getting some Original Volvo parts caps to put on. After this it's swap out the AMM and see what happens. If I still strike out It's a new O2 sensor, or I guess I start replacing Vac lines One at a time,can't hurt and is cost effective. Any one know where to get direct replacement Vac lines.
Reply to
jacktheboy

I would have left the original caps if they were not damaged. It sounds like the new caps don't fit right, something else is obviously wrong as well. Could be the air mass meter.

Reply to
James Sweet

Have you checked to see if any diagnostic codes are stored in the engine controller?

Reply to
John Horner