I'm in the market for a new car

I was going to spend around $25k give or take a few grand. I was looking at the WRX and wondering how well they hold up. I read some people have went thur 3 trannys(5 spd) in 2 yrs. I am tacking into account that some people can't drive a stick as wel as they think. What kind of problem are you guy having? If you have any other ideals on cars that fits the bill let me know? I'm going to the the LA car show next week. The carws I will be looking at are: WRX supercharged Comp G grand prix pontiac G6 the grand am replacement(they say it's will come with 4wd and a

285 hp superchraged V6) neon turbo Rx-8 Thanks
Reply to
Bryan Lee

I'd go with either the WRX or the Mazda. The domestic (US) cars don't hold up very well, and, in my opinion, have little character.

If I'm not mistaken, with the exception of the WRX STI, Subaru has been using the same manual transmission for years. The torque of the WRX is probably pushing the limits of a gear box that first saw the light of day in

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

Thats because they run it up to redline and then dump the clutch too much. ANY transmission that is abused will eventually fail.

Reply to
Ragnar

If I had that amount of money and was buying a car right now, I'd take a serious look at the Forester XT.

Reply to
Archie

I haven't had any problems with my tranny. bought my wrx in 10/02 and the only thing i needed done was the power steering pump died and the ac belt squeeked.

Reply to
Du Ngu