99 Legacy Outback

I recently bought a 99 Legacy Outback with 65,000 miles. Initially I noticed the transmission shifting strangly, but the dealer advised me that it was normal for the car. Then I noticed that the car had a strange shuttering while accelerating. Around same time, the check engine light came on. The dealer changed the ignition coil and said that the shuttering should be cleared up now too. I still feel the shuttering and, since took the car back to the dealer. Now they tell me that the shuttering is a normal characteristic of the car's 2.5 engine from years 96-99. Is this normal? Also, I noticed that the AWD did not seem to be working properly. They checked that and are in the process of fixing this too. Seems odd to have so many problems on a fairly new car. Any advice on what to do?? Is the shuttering normal?

Reply to
Megan

I bought a '99 SUS with the 2.5 last spring and put a used tranny in a couple of months later...$2,000. It shifts hard at times, not near as nice as my Ford Rangers 5 speed auto. TG

noticed the transmission shifting strangly, but the dealer advised me that it was normal for the car. Then I noticed that the car had a strange shuttering while accelerating. Around same time, the check engine light came on. The dealer changed the ignition coil and said that the shuttering should be cleared up now too. I still feel the shuttering and, since took the car back to the dealer. Now they tell me that the shuttering is a normal characteristic of the car's 2.5 engine from years 96-99. Is this normal?

checked that and are in the process of fixing this too. Seems odd to have so many problems on a fairly new car.

Reply to
TG