Is there a 40 profile tire for me?

At present, on my 06 WRX Wagon, I have SSR GT2 rims that are 17x7.5 (forget the offset - I think it' 48) and I have no problems running

225/45-17 tires. I also have a 'slight' lowering of about 3/4" on SPT springs. I was wondering if anyone could definitively tell me if I could run 235 or 245/40 tires on these rims? would they rub?

I know it's asking a lot - but someone may have done it.

thanx

Carl

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

I could *speculate* you'd be fine as I'm sure there are people run

18"s in 35 or 40 235 or 245. Did you consult tirerack for plus sizing calculations?
Reply to
AD

I did check TR and some other sources. Most people felt it would be OK while recognizing it isn't 'recommended'.

However, since this posting, I've wrecked my car and will be replacing my wheels with 7" (like stock) so - perhaps in the future I can select an 8" wide wheel and a 40 profile tire.

thanx for replying though!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

You wrecked an '06 WRX and you're still calling yourself "Lucky"?

Reply to
Hachiroku

considering the damage it did, lucky i didn't flip!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan