It is Driving Me Crazy - Rattle in Rear Seat

Hi,

I have a 2001 Outback which has a rattle when the passenger side rear seatback is in the up position (ie when in position for a passenger). Any idea how to squelch the bugger?

Thanks!

Reply to
jalperson

Maybe the seat belt buckle staid under the seat and rattles against something?

Reply to
Gilles Gour

I have a 2000 Legacy wagon (guess your Outback is a wagon too...) that makes a noise similar to your car because of a bit of play between the lock on the seatback and the ring on the car. I verified that this was it by moving the seat back back and forth when it was locked in the up position, and there was a bit of play.

The noise on my car went away after I slammed (lightly) the seatback to lock it. The previous owner of my car had put electrical tape around the ring to prevent the noise, so that might help with yours.

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

Reply to