Legacy 2.0 Turbo or 2.5?

Hi,

My partner currently has a 93 (old shape) Legacy 2.0 Turbo 'Sport' Estate, with 95k miles, which she uses for towing her single horse trailer (approx

750kg + 600kg of horse!). It tows it very well, apart from a slightly dodgy clutch.

She has seen for sale at our local Subaru Main Dealer a 1997 Legacy 2.5 Auto Estate with 69k miles for what we think is a reasonable price.

Has anyone any advice, recommendations or other experiences of these cars - would the 2.5 auto tow better than the 2.0 turbo manual? What about everyday driving - I assume the auto would not be as 'exciting' as the Turbo can be?

We are planning to go and take closer look and hopefully a test drive this eveining.

Hope someone has some info!!

Regards,

Al

Reply to