lights on 02 wrx

got a glitch with the lights on my rex, wandering if anyone ever came across anything similar.

vehicle has no mods whatsoever, the driver side headlight burned out, replaced the bulb, then after about a days worth of driving, it burned out again, but this time there was a smell of burning plastic.

the harness, melted, replaced the harness and the light bulb - another day goes by, same exact thing happening.

it is burning right @ the connection of the harness to the light bulb terminals. any ideas?

thanks, Dan

Reply to
kleviy

WRXtreme

Alternator is stuffed? I would get it checked asap, don't want the thing to catch fire :)

Reply to
PeterD

you say no mods, but I think what you're describing can happen with higher wattage replacement lamps - are you sure they are stock rated bulbs? Did a previous owner ever have high wattage bulbs in there? Coulda' compromised the connector.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

kleviy wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Make sure you have a clean tight connection. Heat is proportional to the current multiplied by the resistance. The connection resistance should be very small.

-rick-

Reply to
-rick-

oops... should be current squared times resistance.

Reply to
-rick-