Nissan Quest Rear Light Question

Hello All;

I have a 97 Nissan Quest and the left rear bulb keeps burning out the short filament. When the lights are turned on the bulb burns noticeably brighter than the right side. The brake light does not light up on the left side, because the short filament breaks the connection. The fuse for the rear lights blew once trying to replace the bulb. I have replaced the bulb three times and the the fuse once.

Is this an issue with the wiring or the harness the bulb sets in?

Reply to
flying circus

you are inserting the bulb incorrectly

Reply to
NissTech

I insert the bulb down through the channel and twist about a 1/4 turn. It seats properly, as far as I can tell. There are two contacts on both the bulb and the connector. The larger filament lights up fine, then the smaller one blows.

Reply to
flying circus