PIAA 9007 bulbs for my 02 Explorer

Hi,

If I replace my stock bulbs in the '02' Explorer headlight fixture, should I replace the bulb centered in the large reflector space, or the bulb centered in the small reflector space (headlight has 2 mirrored surfaces, 1 large "dish"(low beam), and 1 small "dish"(high beam))

should I replace both?

Headlight bulb is awkward to access, anyone have directions on removal/replacement of headlight fixture?

Has anyone replaced the fog light bulbs w/ yellow? how did that work out?

Thanks

K.

Reply to
BostonKevinO

I think your '02 takes 9006 and 9005 bulbs, doesn't it?

Reply to
Ed Mann

Did you not see the post a bit earlier today from the guy who melted his headlamps by using the 9007's?

Do what I did, for more light that won't fry anything - 4 PIAA 1500XTs in the airdam:

Two are "driving" the other two are "fog". The middle two are mounted on a bracket made from 1" x 1" thick-walled aluminum tubing

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Uh, Herb, Yours is not an O2 or later model year Exploder. Looks like a 97 or 96 to me. T

Tony

I'm pretty sure my headlights would have melted, too, if I put in higher-wattage bulbs. I avoided that messiness by adding the other lamps.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Found a company in Los Angeles that stocks 'high temperature' aftermarket

9007 connectors for dirt cheap. 3.95 each. :) LOL, What A Great Deal. If anyone wants their address let me know. Crossing my fingers that these new connectors will hold up. I'll let you all know.

I might order the Philips 9007 HID conversion kit as well. If I do I'll post pictures and information after the installation. CHeers.

Reply to
Justin Keller