location location location

just a thought here, i think i may have the remedy for my 96 250T overheating, where oh where is the thermistat located on a 250T???????..........i think maybe it has jambed shut during its full week and a half of being empty of water, i suspect some sort of corrosion.

But never the less, i have no idea as to its location, so again, where oh where is the thermistat located on a 250T???????????

Any help please, andy

Reply to
piratefm via CarKB.com

Should be in the housing were the bottom hose connects to the engine. Looking at your other posts, you still have an air pocket causing the overheating condition. No heat from the heater is the classic symptom of this. No heat because no circulation. No circulation because the pump can only move water. Air doesn't cut it.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

yes well im thinking the lack of thermistat movement is aiding this air pocket, any bright ideas in regard to removing the air from this motor???, cheers

Reply to
piratefm via CarKB.com

Drain the coolant, park or jack-stand the vehicle nose-up so the radiator fill cap is the highest point of the cooling system. Slowly fill with coolant, start engine with heat on high and as the level of coolant drops in the rad tank continue to fill with coolant. After a minute or so the coolant will level off. Cap and drive around to see what happens. Let cool and serve, er, I mean check the level again and top off if needed.

Reply to
John

Good, succinct post.

A '96 could also have a bad rad cap I suppose. If the OP changes the t'stat - I'd suggest purchasing a new rad cap as well.

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

yo john, well that worked a treat mate, heater all working hot, car working cool, what a mission, many thx for your help, god bless, andy

Reply to
piratefm via CarKB.com

Excellent! Glad it worked, always happy to help

Reply to
John