OBD2 Connector Location

Does anyone know the location of the OBD2 connector in a 1998 Toyota Corolla? (driver side, passenger side, etc etc.). I need it to connect a fuel consumption gage to it. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

George

Reply to
gls860

The OBD II connector is always under the driver's side of the dashboard, usually outboard of the steering wheel. They are sometimes covered by the cover for the fuse panel.

Ray O (correct punctuation to reply)

Reply to
Ray O

According to

it is under the dash near the center line of the steering wheel. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Our toyota is a 2000 Sienna. On ours it is high up in the dash almost directly above the accelerator.

I believe the "spec" on location dictates within 3 feet of the drivers position. That covers a whole lot of territory, and could actually include the passenger side of the dash.

Reply to
Panther1

Actually it doesn't have to be where your left leg is located. The preferred location is under the dash on the drivers side of the car, but the regulations allows it to be on the passenger side of the car (it can be as far as 300 mm to the left of the cars centerline).

For my last few cars it has always been on the drivers side of the car, but sometimes it is to the right of the steering wheel, sometimes in the middle, and sometimes to the left.

is a good reference that describes the location of the OBDII connector. There are plenty of others available on the web:
Ed

Reply to
C. E. White