Location of Knock Sensor - '97 Outback

In a previous note I mentioned that I was able to obtain a new knock sensor from a local dealer for my '97 OBW after my mechanic said the sensor on my '97 OWB was bad but he could not get one from Subaru for at least two weeks. I now have to wait a couple of days for that same mechanic to have time to install the new sensor. If this sensor is accessible from the top of the engine, I should be able to change it myself.

I would appreciate any info on the location of the knock sensor and any hints about problems I may encounter if I change it myself. In case it matters, the Check Engine light is OFF.

-- Vic Roberts

Reply to
Victor Roberts

On the SOHC 2.5 it's located on the top of the crankcase, slightly to the right, and behind the intake manifold. Not sure if you have the same motor or not. One mounting bolt right down through the center. -Danny

Reply to
Danny Russell

right, and behind the

bolt right down through