Looking for a good deal on a WRX, northern California

My wife wants a 2004 WRX, basic interior, automatic. Has anyone made a good deal in N. CA. lately that they could tell me about?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I bought a 2003 at 49er Subaru in Angel's Camp. I offered them $500 over invoice but they made me pay $700. (Why quibble?)

Based on what people have reported in other parts of the country, I'm not sure this is terrific deal, but Subies are popular in the Sierra and I think 49er doesn't really have to deal. It's probably less than I would have paid at Maita in Sacramento- they had a $3,000 "market adjustment" added onto the sticker price. Ouch!

Sorry nothing more recent to report...

Reply to
Chauncey Gardiner

Call Carsen Subaru in Redwood City. They offer (at least, used to) a single price no haggle that was very good. My Legacy was $500 under invoice, and I couldn't find anyone to better it at the time.

Reply to
Particle Salad

We bought one last night. We paid less than invoice. I'd prefer not to post how much to protect the guilty/ innocent.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Can you tell us where you got it?

I won't be ready for a new one soon, but it's nice to know what's out there...

(Congratulations!)

Reply to
Chauncey Gardiner

Send me an email with a valid return address and I'll see if I can forward you the details privately.

Reply to
Jim Stewart