McPherson strut bearing failure

Noticed a slight vibration sound when turning the wheel to the left moving slowly (fwd or reverse). Took to local Subaru dealer who diagnosed as strut bearing failure. After replacing it, I could feel the "roughness" between the race and bearings, so it was a problem. When I drove the car, the sound was gone. Has anyone else experienced this? Seems odd. It is a sealed bearing, so a grease point was not missed.

Reply to
mikeslover

Failed to mention that it is a 2000 Outback. Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
mikeslover

"Sealed for Life" and its life was over...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Even sealed bearings will wear out eventually.

Reply to
mulder

Reply to
mikeslover