MY01 WRX Gearbox Oil

Hi,

Does anyone know how much oil (In Litres) a MY01 WRX gearbox takes?

Cheers

Reply to
Sponge

Manual 4L, Auto 9.3L according to Castrol Aus. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Thanks.

Reply to
Sponge

Hmmm, I looked in the manual that came with my car and it says 3.5L

Reply to
Sponge

That's probably about right for the sump (I've got an OB & previously a Liberty) but then the filter takes a bit too. Drain well, add plug, filter, 3.5L and idle for a minute or so. Leave off for 5 minutes and check again - it'll probably take some of the half litre to go up to the mark. Of course then you'll have to find some twisties to make sure everything's being adequately lubricated ..... Cheers!

Reply to
hippo

So if I buy 4L I should be pretty safe... I just don't want to get half way through changing it and find I don't have enough but as the stuff I am putting in is resonably expensive I don't want to be left with like a litre of the stuff.

Reply to
Sponge