New 2004 WRX Brake Discs Are Brown Color

After reading all the good things about the WRX in this NG, I am now serious considering buying one. Actually, I went to a couple of dealership in Houston and test drove one WRX wagon, like it very much. However, there is one thing bothering me. The color of the brake discs of those NEW WRX on the lot are all kind of brownish color (look like rusted). Every WRX's brake discs in those two dealership are the same. I've never seen a brake disc (new or used) in that kind of color. Is this color normal?

TIA for any information.

Reply to
F4

Let me get this straight. You're going to base your purchase of a new car on the color of the brake discs as they sit in the dealer's lot? Simply bed in the brakes as can be found on myriad websites via a simple Google and the swept area on your discs will no longer be brown.

Reply to
Ned Pike

In addition to that, I asked the dealer the same thing... Why are the brakes rusty? They said if they sit for awhile (on the lot, for example) they simply do that. It's a surface discoloration rust, and the first time the brakes are applied at speed it will become as shiny as yours and mine. I've seen it on quite a few other cars sitting on lots.

Reply to
Orion

Reply to
Strap-on Sally

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It's just normal rust. I've seen it on all of my former cars and wrx.

Reply to
blazing lazers