Noisey right rear wheel

I have rumbling sound coming from the right rear wheel of my 97 legacy wagon. CV boots are good and I took off the wheel to look for tire/rim damage - all looks good. Mileage is about 180 000 but we use it a lot for trips to the dump and carrying bags of clay - have we trashed a halfshaft? Any ideas?

Reply to
Nick1

If its worse when making left sweeping turns, diagnostic for wheel bearing.(more force on 'outside' wheels) There is some confusion about Soob wheel bearings arriving with 'shipping' grease or the 'correct' grease. If you have it repaired by other than a dealer, make certain that question is addressed. maybe someone here knows the definitive answer to that, or try a search at

sorry, it's been some time since I read about it.

carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan