Odb II Readers

I went to the local oil change place, and i tried reading the check engine codes off my o4 ecu, but their unit just claimed err and wouldn't read it.....

Long story short is there a difference between odb 2 readers?

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

Not sure but the one(s) at Autozone have worked great.

Reply to
djay

Some readers read all cars....even some of the inexpensive ones. Others require different "modules" for different cars. TG

Reply to
TG