Okay, the Subaru BRZ Is Now Perfect

Last year, the women wept and the teeth were gnashed when we refused to award the Scion FR-S the title of Bestest New Car Spending Marketing Money And Flying People To Fun Places Of 2012. Although we enjoyed the little Subaru to no end ? an impression your humble author has since had multiple chances [...] Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

Shhh! It's not "perfect" ... otherwise they won't make a better one. ;-)

Toyota has just released the build-your-own Toyota 86RC in New Zealand. You can go to the website and customise a stripped back race-ready version of the Toyota 86 in various ways (including stickers / decals), pay a deposit and then sit back and wait for Toyota NZ to build it for you ... or you can buy the base model and add to it yourself whenever you want / can afford to.

There's also rumours that the Toyota boss wants to bring in another sports car, perhaps using the Supra badge, possibly in conjunction with Mercedes Benz. The motoring section of the New Zealand Herald suggested a bigger version of the Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ with a bigger engine.

Reply to
Your Name

as long as they won't benchmark it against outback on an skating rink it will be fine, really

Reply to
isquat

the Scion FR-S the title of Bestest New Car Spending Marketing Money And Flying People To Fun Places Of 2012. Although we enjoyed the little Subaru to no end ? an impression your humble author has since had multiple chances [...]

If they're going to swap out the engine with a GM V8, then what is there left in here that makes this a Subaru? The chassis & transmission was Toyota, and the engine was Subaru in the regular car. Now it's a Toyota and a GM. I know Subaru used to be owned by GM at one time, but not anymore.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

The name tag on the back of course. ;-)