The Subaru Brat Is Practical For The Proletariat

Good morning comrades! The glorious revolution has treated us well, no? We have fields to harvest dirt in, and Subarus for us to play in. Read more... Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

have fields to harvest dirt in, and Subarus for us to play in. Read more...

Functional cars are some of my favorite types of cars. Subaru was also the favorite cars of the Chinese family that I used to work for. They were rich but drove those little old Subarus. They also dressed like paupers. They were sure goofy.

Reply to
dsi1

Not really. The big bucks people don't show off. They don't spend, they invest. Supposedly, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates were in Hong Kong together one time. They ate at the local McDonalds. Check the article here:

Look at the paragraph at the bottom.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

you gotta pay the pauper. the joke was lost on you?

that might had something to do with the familiarity and consistency rather than pinching pennies.

Thought mcdonalds outside the us is typically a bit better menu wise than in the us of a. cherry pies or redfishy nuggets anyone?

redfishy nuggets are gone from the local menu and the franchise has one fewer customer :)

Reply to
AD

You might be right about that. I don't know too many rich people. The old man once told me that he was going to get a Cadillac. That was pretty exciting news. Unfortunately, he chickened out.

The family owned a famous Chinese restaurant in Honolulu. They took me to dinner there one time. It was in the middle of Chinatown and we got there by walking through narrow back alleys strewn with rubbish and rubble. We had to step over a drunk guy at one point. It was an awful, disorienting, way to get there but I guess they used it because it was a shortcut - these guys were economical in every way.

I've never had to walk through such a scary part of town like that again, thank God.

Reply to
dsi1

Oh man, to see a Subaru getting 31 mpg in this and age would be near impossible. Also who is the narrator on this commercial? It sounds like Morgan Freeman!

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Nope, it's his twin brother, Martin Freeman. ;-)

Reply to
Your Name