Options for tougher tire for 92 Legacy Wagon

I have a 92 Legacy Wagon. I live on a rather rough gravel road and I've had a problem with my tires wearing out. I'd like a to

1) get the most durable tire possible 2) If I get a little better ground clearance, that would ahve advantages for me too

What are my options without going to a lift kit?

Reply to
randall_burns

BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

In addition to asking here, I know several of the guys at

will have experience with lift kits.

And there are also 'coil-over' struts that will allow some lift.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

lift kits strike me as a fairly pricey option. Just from poking around, we are looking at $600 for a lift kit-another $600 for installation _plus_ shopping around for bigger tire rims-and heavier tires.

That strikes me as potentially more "bang for the buck"

the coil over struts strike me as pricey-but they have some "adjustable" struts here

are $120 each. I suspect installation would be fairly economicaltoo.

The main goal here is to get to the point that I can use a heavier tire. I'm not doing a lot of "off road" stuff(though I might do a little more backroad stuff if my vehicle were more suited to it). the major goal is to get tires suited to my road. I'm lucky to get 40% of what tires are rated on my road, which is a 4 mile gravel road.

Thanks!

Reply to
randall_burns