Outback Bench Seat

I have a 2000 Outback and can't get the rear bench seat to pull up. The owner's manual says there is a pull tab which I can't locate. When starting to pull up the driver's side comes up fairly well; however, the passenger side won't budge. Any ideas on how to get the bench seat up?

Reply to
dmccune7

Fish around on the passenger side, 10" from the center of the seat, for a nylon web loop. It is connecteced to the latch for the seat.

I suspect they sometimes get broken off or mangled into the latch itself in which case you might consider having the dealer unlatch it for you and investigate a repair.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I had the same problem. Keep digging for that loop. I'd bet money it's back there someplace.

Reply to
Sheldon