Replacement seat cushion question - 99 Outback

I have a 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon with grey cloth seats. The driver's side left thigh bolster seat cushion foam is completely degraded from getting in and out of the car. I can feel the heavy wire running under the foam at this point. Anyone have any specifics on where I can find a replacement seat cushion, cost, how to install, etc??? Responses appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-LK

Reply to
lkreh

Is exchanging with the passenger seat an option for you?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

That's an idea I hadn't thought of, but would make my problem the passenger's problem. If it's not too much of an expense, I'd like to just fix it outright.

I'm now wondering how complicated a project it will become when you factor in that I have heated seats.

Reply to
lkreh

It's just FOAM. Pull the seat out, pull the cover off, find some hidensity foam and put that in, in the shape that you wish.

The heater elements won't be a bother, just one more thing to watch out for if you're unplugging or cutting anything.

Reply to
Huffer

Ever thought of looking into a scrap-yard in your area as if you were searching for a front fender of an accidented car?

Reply to
Doc