Petter Solberg (NOR) won WRC03.

Petter Solberg (NOR) and Phil Mills (WAL) won the last WRC rally of this season, Rally Great Britain (RGB) in Wales this weekend, in their Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRC03, with Pirelli tyres. Sebastien Loeb (FRA)/Citroen (FRA)/Michelin (FRA) and Tommi Mækinen (FIN)/Subaru (JPN)/Pirelli (ITA) came in second and third in Wales. Colin McRae (SCO)/Citroen (FRA)/Michelin (FRA) finished fourth. This meant both first and third place for the Subaru/Pirelli WRC rally team in RGB in Wales. Overall, Petter Solberg became the first-ever Norwegian to win the World Rally Championship, while Sebastien Loeb and Carlos Sainz (ESP)/Citroen/Michelin took the silver and bronze medals overall. This also meant that co-driver Phil Mills won gold on his own home turf in Wales. The manufacturers championship was won by Citroen (FRA) ahead of Peugeot (FRA), Subaru (JPN), Ford (GER), Skoda (CZE), and Hyundai (KOR/South). Next season, South Korean manufacturer Hyundai will leave the WRC, while Japanese manufacturer Mitsubishi will reenter for a comeback in the WRC. Rumors also say that Czech Republic manufacturer Skoda next season very likely will compete in the European rallies only. Chances are that Norway might also get a rally now, because of the victory this year for Petter Solberg. Both Sweden and Finland have had rallies for many years already, and now we here in Norway strongly feel that it is our turn now, it is in our own opinion long overdue.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad