Spark Gap setting 2K outback

I just changed the plugs (80,000K miles) on my Outback. One wire went bad, so I changed it all. (wires and plugs).. Spark Gap info was not in the engine compartment as far as I could see.... every label about the engine was missed gap info. I set mine to ,044 as that was what I measured on the old ones.

Anyone know the gap recommendations for the plugs? SInce I changed them. (OEM parts) the engine has a deep sound when I push the gas at low RPMs (weak power)...

Reply to
Phil Fimiani

Edward Hayes

Modern plugs are usually pre-gapped. As the gap increases with usage, I'd suspect that .044 is a bit high; probably closer to .040 as Eddie suggests.

You didn't by chance do the air filter too? Sounds like you might not have the cover reseated properly . . . I'd check it.

ByeBye! S.

Im going to check the plugs and put them back @ .040..... As for the filter. I just bought one tonight, so Ill be checking the closure too.... Thanks

Phil

S wrote: