Richard Burns out next season.

Richard Burns will be out the whole next season, because of medical treatment for a head or brain tumor. That is why he passed out behind the wheel some time ago, and could not finish this season in RGB in Wales. I suppose that the tumor must be benign, since he plans his comeback in the WRC in 2005. Who will now substitute him as Subaru driver next season, is yet undecided, but I will surely bet my money on Colin McRae. Petter Solberg is of course now first driver in the Subaru WRC team next season, as the new world rally champion, and Burns was supposed to be second, but now things have changed because of his illness, so at least for me Colin McRae is the hot favorite to substitute him as Subaru second driver next season. We will just have to wait and see who it will be.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Maybe they get a driver who wants to win rallies instead of just making it past the finishing line this time, instead of R Burns

Reply to
mikak

And if they get McRae, then the costs go up another million euros because he just thrashes a car per race

Reply to
mikak

Spoken like a man who thinks only about the race at hand instead of the world championship ;) I've never been a Burns fan but I think there is nothing wrong with racing strategically and they don't give a title to the most wins, only to the most points. Having said that, Burns ended the season with neither and even if he had raced in Wales I don't think he would have won the title. Certainly no disrespect meant to a man facing surgery or chemotherapy.

snipped-for-privacy@stauf.org

Reply to
bstauf.spambgone

Fault of othe new point scoring system, race winner should get at least 3 or

4 more points than runnerup
Reply to
mikak

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding news:A6bub.7308$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.e.nsc.no...

will just have to wait and see who it will be.

If not Colin NcRae, then why not big brother Henning Solberg? He is currently by far the best national rally driver here in Norway.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding news:Emrub.39829$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.e.nsc.no...

Colin McRae, of course, and not NcRae.................. But, why not big brother Henning?

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding news:dprub.39830$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.e.nsc.no...

currently by far the best national rally driver here in Norway.

brother Henning?

Henning Solberg is the big brother of Petter Solberg, but he is only a couple of years older than Petter. Both rally driving brothers are married to Swedish girls, BTW, Henning + Maud, and Petter + Pernilla.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding news:kwrub.39832$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.e.nsc.no...

Henning and wife Maud are still living in his home town of Spydeberg here in Norway, while Petter and wife Pernilla just recently moved to Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

What about Harri Rovanperä? He drove for peugeot this year, at least, he doesnt wrap his cars around trees like McRae does

Reply to
mikak