Poor gas milage in '97 Outback 2.5l

Car has all regular maintainence done on it(I think) and I just changed the

02 sensor. I have a check engine light that just came on.

Any help is appreciated. Eric

Reply to
Bob Engels

I guess the obvious answer is check it.

A few things to consider: 1. An OBD II scanner to read the trouble code(s) is pretty inexpensive (there are a few choices at around $120). Autozone will check if free for you, except in California.

  1. The code that comes up may not tell you exactly to what is broken, but it will at least provide a clue to help with the diagnosis.
  2. If the light coincides with the O2 sensor change, that's a pretty big clue already. For some cars, there are cases where changing brands causes a CEL. Not sure if this ever happens to Subes though. Anyway the new sensor could be bad.

HTH, David

Reply to
David