Radio Bulbs and Buttons

I am trying to find replacement bulbs for the backlit display in the radio of my

96 Legacy (USA).

Actually, I did replace it by moving one of the bulbs (the one behind the Volume/ On button) to the LCD backlight position, since I had the thing apart. I still would like to find those bulbs as they seem to burn out quickly and the replacement using a LED didn't work out (too dim).

As a side note; the replacement radio buttons (Bass/Treble) cost just under $5 each at the dealer in the US. I don't think of myself as a penny pincher but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for such a minuscule item - can anyone reveal a better source for those parts?

florian

Reply to
FFF

Was told Radio Shack has them...2 of 3 mine were burned out...Had them changed at the dealer for about $88 parts and labor....

Reply to
GC

Nope, Radio Shack didn't have them. Tried their 5v LED instead but that was too dim, so no go here.

For $88, it's pretty much a toss-up. If your pride and manlihood doesn't depend on it and you have an $88 (my *main* motivation anyway), I'd recommend to have it done by the dealer.

florian

Reply to
FFF

The print next to the last connector pin of the circuit board says 5v... ???

florian

Reply to
FFF
5V, 9V you get the point. TG