replacement radio light

hi,

the light on my 97 bon'eville radio is out and after alot of looking both at local jobbers and dealers, (the radio needs to be sent in for $250),

i found the site below. bulb is $20 + $3 s/h.... is there another less expensive source for the bulb?

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

When you are the only supplier, you can set the prices...

Try a commercial bulb supplier.

Oh, wait they won't see single unit bulbs, try Radio Shack.

Or, eBay.

Or, keep searching the web!

Reply to
PeterD

Or realize that a blown bulb is NOT the problem. A bad display module is. The clock and radio display on GM stereos are Vacuum Fluorescent Displays. The bulbs on that site are for the knobs and control buttons only (and are available MUCH cheaper from other sources).

The VFD however is pretty much a used item only. The good thing is that many of the GM units are interchangeable. They used only a few different ones and they are easy to find.

Which stereo is in it?

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve W. wrote

it is the radio with cd and treble and bass sliders p/n 16213362.

where would i find a used vfd? no junkyard i know of would let me pull apart a radio...

thanks, peter

Reply to
peter

Go to a junk yard, pull the entire radio, and go from there... Confirm the VFD is defective first, however.

Personally, unless this is a collector's car, I'd just drop in a cheap aftermarket unit.

Reply to
PeterD

a NEW one for $225.00 Oh they also do repairs.

Reply to
Steve W.

peter wrote: ......

hi, i called up this place

spoke to someone who has fixed hundreds of these radios and he insisted that it was the light which needed to be replaced. unfortunately, he could not sell me a bulb but refered me back to corvette radio.com and i have just ordered a bulb... i will update you went the bulb arrives.

thanks for the suggestions and help.

peter

Reply to
peter