raising legacy nose?

I drive back roads where a little more nose clearance in my 95 Legacy would be helpful. Struts are at 100K miles, so maybe they're sagging a little. In replacing, I'd like to get struts that would increase road clearance an inch or so more than stock.

Anyone got ideas?

--don engdahl

Reply to
Don Engdahl

You can do that, but your camber is going to be affected and your tires won't wear evenly anymore.

I'd go with a larger tire diameter, that would give you more clearance and not affect the front end geometry.

jw milwaukee

Reply to
J999w

The stock struts don't have enough pressure to hold the vehicle up, it is the springs that do the work. Coil overs would be good or you couls go with Outback struts and springs. There are also some spacer blocks that can be used from an outback but that is a lot more work and probably not needed. TG

Reply to
TG

Importing or duplicating an Australian style front bumper would increase the approach angle. Also, a Scorpion lift kit/springs may be available for your car. And the afore mentioned coilovers are a good idea, I believe I read of a set that would give up to 1 inch of lift easily. perform searches on google as well as the following forums;

,
, and several folks have done extreme lifts to soob wagons here;

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

D> I drive back roads where a little more nose clearance in my 95 Legacy would

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan