Re: Car Buying 101

Here's an article that will help give you insight into what the dealer is trying to do. Remember, it's better to haggle a cheaper price for the car than it is to get a higher price for your trade in, the cheaper car price saves on sales tax and license fees and you can haggle on the loans interest rate. When I bought my WRX, I talked the interest rate down from 7.9% to

5.9% ( this was last summer when they didn't have the super low rates I've seen lately) by telling them my credit union was willing to go as low 6%.

First time car buyer.

> > So where does the haggling end? I agree to a price of X. > Tax, title, and license is added to that. Is that the > final bit - or is it common for dealerships to haggle > more? > > Can TTL be financed? > > I've also got a trade-in I need to figure out (wife's first > car). KBB lists the value of the trade-in at about the same > value that my wife owes on it. Is KBB fair? Should I > expect less or more from the dealer? > > Thanks for the help. > >
Reply to
Jerry and Bea