Buying Advice

I am in the market for an 07 Camry. Toyota's official website has a finance section where you tell them the maximum monthly payment you want to make over what period of time and what if any down payment you are prepared to make. Cars that are available within your financial parameters are downloaded with the exact monthly payment you would be making plus the price of the car. Do you think I can hold the dealerships feet to the fire quoting these stats or will they just tell me to bug off, that Toyota HQ is BS with their figures?

Reply to
Bob Smith

You will not know until you try. Call all the dealers in town and ask them.

Reply to
Mark A

I imagine the website is quoting MSRP. If you can't get a vehicle for less than MSRP that would be a rare case. The shipping charges, taxes, extended warranties, dealer add-ons are what raises the price and the Toyota website would not know those since they would be different everywhere.

Reply to
badgolferman

First of all, keep in mind the factors that determine monthly payments: interest rate, financing amount, and term (the length of time to finance). People with qualify for different interest rates based on their credit. The finance amount will change if you have a trade in. This will also change on the amount of taxes and fees you have to pay based on your locale.

Buying by payments is very dangerous. The dealer can raise your interest rate (as they get a percentage of it) and purchase price (to augment their profit) and still make the monthly payments you want as they can merely stretch out the term. They may make it 6 or 7 years. Your actual purchase price would be seeringly high.

If you have a certain monthly payment in mind, determine what the purchase price is for 5 years (or shorter) and negotiate that way instead. I've attached a spreadsheet that might help. Remember to fill in the correct dealer fees. The tax rate is set at 8%. Change it accordingly. Certain cells have been protected so necessary formulas aren't accidentally changed.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Viper, I'm not much good at making up spreadsheets and I find your little calculator might be handy for other things but I can't change some cells as you mention...any chance of giving me your password so that I can change what I need to here?

My email is ???@islandtelecom.com (note my sig)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

If you must change the cells, the password is: "password1". This would be without the quotation marks, of course. I hope you find it useful.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Ok, thanks...appreciate it...now, what's your username/PW for your online banking acct?... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

bank name: Shittybank...I mean Citibank username: E Diot password: 1111

Please don't withdraw both dollars from it.

Reply to
Viperkiller