Re: Give your tires that wet look. I tried something new

Why would you want your tires to look shiny or glossy or have "that wet look"? I don't get it. TG

> Ok there's an informercial advertising some new fantastic tire polish that > gives your tires a high glossy > wet look. I didn't want to spend the $19.95 for it so I came up with my own > version. I went out to the local Walmart and picked up some Future Premium > Floor Finish. It advertised to give your > floors 'tough acrylic protection'. So I put some on a sponge and wiped it > on my tires. After a few minutes it was dry > and I had a nice shiny finish. It looks like the tires are clearcoated. For > $4.88 you get 27oz and you can also use it on your > viynl floors to give them a nice shiny look, which I did an my floors look > like new. > > For best results it takes 4-5 coats and I found it works best if the tires > are nice and hot from the sun and in direct > sunlight. The fast dry reduced the amount of spottyness and streaking. I > put a couple coats on all four tires then turned the car > around and give the sun side two more finish coats. > > I don't know how long it will last or how temperature and highway driving > will affect it but they look nice sitting in the driveway!
Reply to
TG

CWu

Something different I guess. I'll admit on my subaru there's too much smooth tire wall and it looks goofy. But on the wife's grand prix where 80% of the sidewall has stripes it makes it look kinda nice. I'm sorry I won't do that to my Subaru again. At least I didn't use that colored glitter tire stuff. Back to Stoner's and Meguire's. No more late night infomercials for me.

Reply to
null

With all a tire might possibly have to deal with I'm sure this ritual couldn't cause any harm. I just noticed a car last night that had shiny tires....Weird!

Reply to
TG