Re: Outback purchase check list?

The 99 model is a poor choice because it has a one-year only engine design. Parts for this puppy are really expensive. All the Legacys came with the 2.2 engine which has a history of no problems. If you can find a 96 LSi Legacy wagon you will be very pleased with it. Or just move up to 2000 and newer models. I have owned a 95 LS Leagcywagon for years and it has never given me any problems whatsoever. When I finally decide to let it go it will be replaced with either a LL Bean model or the Baja. Wife hates the Baja but so what, she never drives my cars anyways.

Reply to
johninky

But perhaps avoid 2000 and 2001, if the gleaming black circle on "engine major" from Consumer Reports used car owner ratings (and my own experience with mine) is any indicator.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I don't really like the styling of the 00-04 cars, now the 05 Outback XT is really nice and is one that I am condidering also, but would have to sell one of my Bmws to afford it.

Brad

Reply to
Brad