Re: Should it have been totaled?

Will give me a chance to drive several rental cars anyway was quoted 22 days to repair and will not be able to start for 2 weeks.

Gary

GC wrote: > : 96 Legacy LS wagon 97k > : $4200 to repair > : Has front and rear end damage > > : Book said the car is worth between 5-8k > > : Thanks > : Gary > > I had an older BMW jump out of its driveway dragging it's > bumper down all four right-side panels of my wife's 97 > Altima. Damage all said and done, including replacing > tires (bald spots from locking the brakes), rental, > panels, paint, labor was about $4000 on a $5000 car. > I couldn't find a way to get the other guy's insurance > to cut us a check. They instead cut it to a dealership > and my wife, cashable by neither without both consenting. > > It would have been nice to use it on a down payment, > which I think is what you are hinting at... > >
Reply to
GC

I learned when my Forester was totaled 3 months ago that insurance companies usually write off when estimate is over 70% of book value. Reason my company, State Farm, gave was that they are estimating the car intact and when in process of repair more underlying damage may be detected which could increase cost of repair beyond book value. Insurance companies keep their interest above their customers. I also advise that you get their book value check but do not sign full settlement papers. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

No.

Reply to