Re: transmission question

1&2 Inside the pan there is a mesh screen that you can clean out if you want too. The screw on filter on the side dose not need to be replace except when the transmission has been dissasembled and reasembled. Atleast that's what a Subie tech told me.

  1. Your owners manual will tell you what fluids to use and how much.

  2. The drain plug is on the left??? side angled at about 45 degrees.

Hi all;

> > I need a 101 course in AT for my '99 Outback. > > 1. Where is the transmission oil filter located? Inside the pan? How > difficult is to change it. > > 2. Right by the tranny there is a filter similar with the regular engine > oil filter, what is this? And what part? > > 3. What AT fluid should I use? Where I can get it from? How about fluids > for fron/read differentials. > > 4. How can I changed the front differential fluid? I could not located > the draining plug. > > Thanks a lot. > Dan > > PS: I tried to ask these questions to the local subaru dealer. Needless > to say that I got no answers. I guess I can't totally blame those guys, > they need to make a living. >
Reply to
Craig