spark plug replacement

So this evening I went out to do my 30K mile maintenance - Ok at about

35K miles. In attempting to replace the spark plugs, I was suprised to find that I cannot get the wire/cover off the spark plugs. This rubber boot around each of the spark plugs stretches several inches when I try to pull it off. Can anyone share the trick to getting the cable/boot off to access the spark plugs?

Thanks, Devin Nelson

Reply to
Devin Nelson

For best resaults use NGK plugs

Reply to
Craig

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Iridium spark plugs are rated for 30,000 miles, just like copper plugs...

CW

Reply to
CWu

When you finally get them off, apply a light coat of dielectric grease around the inside sealing surface of each boot prior to reinstallation. Helps seal out corrosion and aids the next plug swap.

hth, TBerk

Reply to
T Berk

Reply to