Re: Windshield washer

I would just like to thank each and every person who offered a solution to my problem. My next door neighbor had the correct tester and both the pumps were bad. I also had it checked at a repair shop - same diagnosis - bad.

I have them on order from Subaru. I was very surprised that the dealer wouldn't test then for me unless I left the vehicle. Damn money gougers!!!!!

The 2 pumps cost $114.13 including tax.

Thanks again everyone, Emmy

Reply to
ez153

Tony Hwang

Thanks for the info but I have already paid for the order. I'll keep it in mind for the future. By the way, where would I go to purchase after market electrical products?

Reply to
ez153

Thanks for letting us know. I guess that lightning does sometimes strike twice in the same place.

The manufacturers really do nail you on the cost of proprietary parts.

If you need to buy genuine Subaru parts in the future, you can sometimes do better with some of the places that sell over the Web like subaruparts.com or 1stsubaruparts.com. I'm sure that you'll get some more suggestions from other people here. These turn out to be actual Subaru dealers who sell on the Web as a sideline. Just watch the shipping costs to be sure you're getting the bargain that it seems like.

ez153 wrote:

Reply to
BBB

Glad for you that it's fixed. Must have been that alcool(was it alcool or some other stuff) you put in the reservoir that ruined the pumps.

Reply to
Gilles Gour

I remember now, it was vinegar. Did you put that in before or after the pumps stopped working. Just want to put my knowledge bank up to date. ;-)

Reply to
Gilles Gour

Alcohol is the base of regular windshield washer fluid, along with being the root of all evil! No, I guess it's money that's the root of all evil. Alcohol just claims some of it. The story was that liquor was so cheap at the US Army stores in Germany during the early 60s that it cost more to use real windshield washer fluid than vodka with a shot of dish soap.

Reply to
BBB

I put the vinegar in the reserviour about 3 - 4 months ago.

I checked the Subaru web sites you listed and neither of them offer the windshield washer pumps. They offer tune-up kits, accessories and performance items.

Thanks again, Emmy

Reply to
ez153

Just send them an e-mail describing what you want and they'll give you a quote.

ez153 wrote:

Reply to
BBB

Ok, thanks.