Repairs on 2004 Forester speakers

My wife and I bought two 2004 Forester Xs recently. Both exhibited irritating buzzing noises when we listened to our CDs. The dealer will be working on both of them during the coming week. They will be installing some insulation materials in the doors around the speakers to hopefully stop the noise. Anyone else have the same problem?

Reply to
tenplay

matching His/Her Foresters? how cute...

Reply to
ricardox

When does the buzzing noise occur? Do they occur during the bass notes? Where is the buzzing coming from?

The plastic film right behind the door panel and where the wires route through for the power mirrors flap on the bass notes. I had to tape and insulate the plastic film. Another culprit was the power window switch assembly. That buzzed on both sides. It's all fixed now.

Reply to
Xtranet

The buzzing seems to be caused by the bass notes and comes from the doors. So they are going to add insulation to both doors. How did the buzzing from the power windows get taken care of?

Reply to
tenplay