replace engine coolant

I think the bio-chemical route it takes shares some chemistry with booze metabolism - but from what I recall reading, ingestion of a major amount of booze may actually be a treatment for anti-freeze poisoning! I think the main problem with anti-freeze is that the end product is an insoluble oxalate that drastically reduces kidney function and the booze metabolism 'intercepts' the oxalate-making chemical path.

I once emailed the russian manufacturer of the 'anti-alcohol' pill they used to supply to the KGB suggesting it might also be a treatment for anti-freeze poisoning as it interrupts the same bio-chem path.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

What the heck is OEM cooling system conditioner. I thought most good coolants already have conditioners in them. What does a Subie need that other cars don't, and why?

Reply to
Sheldon

It's a 'leakstop' to ward off evil manufacturing defects....

Reply to
Bob H

Many vehicle manufactures put it in at the factory and advise strongly to replace it whenever the antifreeze is replaced. Subaru started advising us to do it to reduce the possibility of weepage. Go to

and look for the TSB on this. The conditioner is just to prevent the possibility of coolant weepage.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Figures...

Reply to