Road trip notes

I've just returned from my vacation of 3,350 miles which was a round trip from Cape Coral FL. to Kenosha Wis. My 2000 Forester AT with

92,000 miles preformed very well. When driving the interstates on cruse at 74 mph I averaged 26.7 mpg and up North where the speed limit is 65 mph I drive 68 mph and averaged 28.7 mpg. Local driving of 40-45 mph netted 30.6 mpg. I purchased the car new and broke it in easy for 2,000 miles which included a few short (5-10) second WOT runs to seat the rings. Oil consumption ( Mobil 1 10w30) for the 3,350 miles was 6 oz ( measured with a measuring cup). Great trip in a very good car.
Reply to
Edward Hayes

Edward, thanks for sharing these interesting facts here. Regards. Z.

Reply to
Zelidar