Scraping on left turns

On my 99 Legacy I can hear scraping noise from rear driver side on left turns. Any ideas please? (Rotors and pads were replaced 1000 miles ago) Gil

Reply to
Gil Cleeton

Make sure the wheel wells are in place correctly. TG

Reply to
TG

Gil,

I have had a similar, very mysterious experience with my '96 Outback. On mine, beginning at about 90k miles, I had a scraping sound in right rear on left turns. I could find no visible signs of the source of the noise but found the rear brakes to be almost worn out, so I turned the rotors and repalced the pads with no effect on the noise. I can find no issue with debris on wheels or clearance to either fender well or brake parts. Subsequently, found the noise went away when I rotated the tires and later came back when I rotated them again. (I use a modified X rotation where the fronts go to the same side rear and the rears go to the opposite front.)

Keep us posted on what you find.

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P

It was the wheel bearing - thanks all Gil

Reply to
Gil Cleeton