Poly bushings scraping noise??

About a year ago all the bushings, etc. on the front of my '72 Super were replaced, and the brakes are okay for drums...when I make a tight parking turn, there's a horrendous metallic scraping noise coming from the front...any ideas? thank you...paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard

You may be rubbing the inside edge of the front tire on the chassis. Look for chunks of rubber loose or comming off the inside edge of the tire, and polished marks on the chassis. Or loose wheel bearings. You'd feel that kind of looseness if you grab the tire with two hands, and shake it like you were the Hulk trying to tear it off the car.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

It sounds like it's coming from the center of the Super's front...geez I'll look tomorrow...don't want to get killed! Turning a tiny steering wheel is not fun w/o power steering...I should have kept the stock steering wheel duhhhh

Reply to
pmbedard