Side View Mirror on 99 OBW

Okay, last year I lost the passenger side to a flying 2x4 (don't ask), this month I lost my driver's side to my spouse's Pathfinder. Why did Subaru not use fold-away sideview mirrors on the fully loaded OBW??

In any case, I got the replacement mirror and thought I would try to install this one rather than pay a mechanic as I did last time. My question for those who know, is must I remove the door panel, or is there a way to install the mirror without going through that hassle? I have the door tweeters, which of course I removed but the process from that point on is not immediately obvious to me. Any advice?

Reply to
Mike Cook

It's interesting, I have a 99 Outback (SUS) Sedan and I've many times asked my dealer why is this the only year with no fold in mirrors. The response was that they thought people wouldn't miss them.... but immediately found out otherwise.

Regarding replacing the mirror, I had my driver's side done a few years ago (tilt mirror motor went bad, still under warranty so dealer replaced it).... anyway, I didn't do it myself but was able to watch as the mechanic did it. I don't know the specifics but I know they door panel was not removed.

Reply to
ismlv