Speed Racer

I never paid it a lot of attention but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the speedo on my 2018 3.6R OB Touring runs up the 160mph (~260kph).
Absolutely bonkers. Then I started to wonder what the actual top speed might be. Anybody care to venture a guess or even better give their own test results?

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/subaru/2018-subaru-outback-ar176328.html
Subarus are governed to specific top speeds using an electronic limiter. 139 mph for the Outback according to Car & Driver.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15099132/2017-subaru-outback-36r-touring-review/ (found via online search - didn't bother trying to find 2018 specs)
Top speed: 139 mph 0 to 60 mph: 7.1 seconds
Remember the Outback is top heavy. You don't want race or speed with an Outback. Get a WRX STI if you want to do that.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15081577/2018-subaru-wrx-sti-test-review/
Top speed (drag limited): 159 mph 0 to 60 mph: 5.3 seconds
Bringing a stock SUV to a curvy race will get you some snickering.
On 1/28/2020 5:50 PM, VanguardLH wrote:

Thanks. Those numbers are a good bit higher than I ever expected so maybe the speedo isn't so bad after all. I've never had a car above 132mph (on a legit track) but it was a 1969 1600cc Nissan Fairlady roadster and had some racing tweaks. Anybody remember Blue Streak racing tires? ;-)