Speed Racer

I never paid it a lot of attention but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the speedo on my 2018 3.6R OB Touring runs up the 160mph (~260kph). Absolutely bonkers. Then I started to wonder what the actual top speed might be. Anybody care to venture a guess or even better give their own test results?

Reply to
John McGaw

Subarus are governed to specific top speeds using an electronic limiter.

139 mph for the Outback according to Car & Driver.

(found via online search - didn't bother trying to find 2018 specs) Top speed: 139 mph

0 to 60 mph: 7.1 seconds

Remember the Outback is top heavy. You don't want race or speed with an Outback. Get a WRX STI if you want to do that.

Top speed (drag limited): 159 mph

0 to 60 mph: 5.3 seconds

Bringing a stock SUV to a curvy race will get you some snickering.

Reply to
VanguardLH

Thanks. Those numbers are a good bit higher than I ever expected so maybe the speedo isn't so bad after all. I've never had a car above 132mph (on a legit track) but it was a 1969 1600cc Nissan Fairlady roadster and had some racing tweaks. Anybody remember Blue Streak racing tires? ;-)

Reply to
John McGaw